Need help with high - low switching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 8 high mod and I like to drive with my fogs on, but they are HIDS, and so are my lows, because I have xenarcs on. my question is how do i fix the "tripping" that appears to happen to my fogs when i switch from low to brights and back to low? The lows in my headlights dont seem to be affected at all when i switch back and forth, but my fogs sort of jump, almost like turning off and starting back on but not really completely turning off

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a guess, not sure if it would help or not. Only way I can think of to be sure is to hook a meter up to the leads and read the meter as someone does the switch for you. If voltage drops, then I think a harness would help by giving it a better, more consistent feed. Make sense?

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you have the fogs wired? I wired mine by jumpering a wire from the fog light switch to the running light switch. whenever the running lamps are on the fogs are, that means they come on with the lows and stay on with the highs, but they aren't HID's

OP
OP
danimalmax

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt do anything to the fog wires, they are stock with the exception of adding an HID kit to it, it comes on with the high beams because of the relay hookup in the fuse box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1962C10Youkon