Projectors in fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've done a search and came up empty, so I'm putting a shout out to see if anyone on here has done a retrofit on our fogs? I am trying to see if the Morimoto Matchbox 2.0's will work. I know we have a 5202 setup and the Matchbox setup needs H1's, but wasn't sure if there is a harness or conversion that can be done? I am currently having a retrofit built for my headlights which includes stock housing, RX-350 Bi-Xenon projectors with a custom tune, clear st-i lenses, Gatling shrouds, Morimoto XB35 Ballasts, harnesses, and Ossram Xenarc Nightbreaker 4200K bulbs.

My goal for the fog lights is to have a 3000K output and to be able to have adequate lighting to use in fog/rain/snow in the dark without running my headlights and still have same visibility. My other option is to use the Morimoto Mini H1 7.0's or the RX-330 Black Series (low beam only) but the RX's have a much larger housing and not sure they would fit. Nathan (Nathanjax) or Serge (Soulsea) I'm hoping you guys might have some info.

UPDATE: Pics for clicks...

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/jsp...rs[user]=5720502&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=5

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/jsp...rs[user]=5720502&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4

Thank you.

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
Speck

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Morimoto Matchbox

MATCHBOX-5.jpg MATCHBOX.jpg

Morimoto Mini H1 7.0

MH1 7.0-5.jpg
MH1 7.0.jpg

Last edited:

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these for sale. $140 shipped. Slightly used. Plug and play. Came off my bro in law Sierra aftwr he got hitnin the rear.

uploadfromtaptalk1460487020790.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1460487030738.jpg

In my yukon.

uploadfromtaptalk1460487055125.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1460487069503.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1460487083585.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Speck

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I've been looking at those, and it is tempting, but I'm not a huge fan of the appearance of them when off. They have great output, but I want to get something that can look a little more OEM+ and be used enlieu of my headlights on bad weather days and still have the same output of light as my headlights, just at a lower level and at a 3000K color (fog/rain/snow).

The more I keep researching though, the more it may come down to the LED lights... :banghead:

Thank you for the input!

OP
OP
Speck

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darius your truck looks awesome. I really like that front grill setup you're running.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can try if you want too. I dont know anyone that has tried to open them.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darius your truck looks awesome. I really like that front grill setup you're running.
Thanks. It was on the truck when i bought it. Its an overlay.
Oh I've been looking at those, and it is tempting, but I'm not a huge fan of the appearance of them when off. They have great output, but I want to get something that can look a little more OEM+ and be used enlieu of my headlights on bad weather days and still have the same output of light as my headlights, just at a lower level and at a 3000K color (fog/rain/snow).

The more I keep researching though, the more it may come down to the LED lights... :banghead:

Thank you for the input!
They are actually very wide and very bright, and would be just as useful (take that lightly) as any low fog light would be. BUT, fogs dont have the throw you would need to replace headlights.

More throw= less width.

More width=less throw unless you are talking the lexus ls460 projectors.

For capable fog lights, you need the width. Folks who have wanted the 3000k look have put yellow laminx on them.

As far as the looks go, i dont mind them. They look better than the stocks and performs 1000x better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CWinstel79

Latest posts