Question about my 04 Hoe's nav system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2004 LT Tahoe with the factory navigation system.

The problem is that with only 1 CD/DVD slot I cannot play CD's as well as use the navigation at the same time.

I wonder if there is a multi CD option piece to buy or otherwise
I would consider putting in a new nav system but still want to keep all the car's functions like
Steering wheel controld, Drop down DVD player (for the kids) and not keen on cutting up the dashboard

Any suggestions?

SUSANNE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
JD,

Do you mean you can't play dvd's in the navigation drive? If that is what you mean, no you cannot play dvds in the nav drive. You can use our gm204 interface and extract the video from the rear dvd to play on the front screen.

OP
OP
jdpromo33

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
JD,

Do you mean you can't play dvd's in the navigation drive? If that is what you mean, no you cannot play dvds in the nav drive. You can use our gm204 interface and extract the video from the rear dvd to play on the front screen.

No I mean I cant play cd's and the nav at the same time. Thinking of replacing the unit with another system. BUT I dont want to lose the fuctionality of the steering wheel controls

SUSANNE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No I mean I cant play cd's and the nav at the same time. Thinking of replacing the unit with another system. BUT I dont want to lose the fuctionality of the steering wheel controls

Not sure if that is normal or not, sorry. You can change the radio and
look into a steering wheel control module interface. I think there are companies that have them. Google, keep my steering wheel controls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon