Replacement struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows the ride I have a 09 Tahoe with a 3/5 drop belltech struts and I have been looking at belltech coil overs just would like sum feed back

i like em. I have played with the dampering or whatnot but the ride is okay with me

Raptor4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you need meet PPV option, the only choice from after-market is Monroe, or go to OEM Ac-Delco.

No PPV choice in Bilstein.
Out of Monroe vs OEM Ac-Delco which is better on grip and performance on street n off road...

Needing Struts n Shocks on my 2012 SSV badly....
Ty
RLTW!!!!

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

Electricnick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did GM even offer a complete strut? When I look in the parts lookup system I only see components. And it looks like the strut itself is N/A. Although coils are still available oddly enough.
What’s the part number for the coils?

signguy62

Reaction score
Correct. Installing them under the control arm provides about 2" of drop. This is how I maintained a 4" drop up front without using drop struts. 2" drop spindles + 2" drop from mounting under the control arm = 4" drop up front.

That is why I said you need to use the Grade 9 hardware if you mount them this way.
Man, I'm so tempted to try this.
I just did a 2/4 drop using belltech parts. But the rear dropped 4.5in (no spacer).
Rather not use the spacer to raise the rear and your solution looks like it would be perfect. Sketchy....but perfect.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Man, I'm so tempted to try this.
I just did a 2/4 drop using belltech parts. But the rear dropped 4.5in (no spacer).
Rather not use the spacer to raise the rear and your solution looks like it would be perfect. Sketchy....but perfect.
Not sketchy at all actually. It isn't my idea per se, Rough Country (you know the company that sells lift kits) actually sells a drop kit that is nothing more than Grade 9 hardware and a 1/4" spacer to do this exact thing.

I just purchased the hardware from them without the spacer.

I seriously doubt a large company like that would risk their reputation and lawsuits over $20 worth of hardware.

E-Force

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would go with OEM over Monroe.
I'm trying to decide Monroe vs AC Delco for front of my 05 Denali. I can find the travel specifications of the Monroe, but I can't find the travel specifications for the AC Delco. AC Delco a little less right now ($316 ea.) Monroe ($346 ea). Amazon and Walmart have the best prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cervantesjesus174