Sirius favorites suddenly stopped working, then were all lost and had to be re-programmed. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djsassan

Reaction score
Did some reading, and saw this thread here from last year: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-sirius-favorites-are-now-unavailable.141763/

I had the exact same issue this weekend. Suddenly, my SiriusXM favorites were greyed out and "Feature Not Available" came on. Eventually, I held down one of the favorites and it kept the current station as the favorite and erased all other favorites. I went through tonight and re-programmed all of my favorites again.

Any idea why this happened? I plan on taking the truck in to the dealer for something else soon, and will add this on as well. 2023 Yukon XL Denali here, just hit 10k miles for what it's worth, and I verify the system is updated by manually checking every few weeks (it is currently up-to-date).

Thanks

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
D

djsassan

Reaction score
What Version of Infotainment Software are you running?
(On Infotainment Screen Tap Settings -> System -> About)

Y168 Fixed the Sirrius Favorites Issue --> https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10248714-0001.pdf
Y171 is the Latest, and I recommend asking for it, vs. Y168, as Y168 had the Blower Motor Slowdown and I found it to not reliably connect CarPlay --> https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10248714-0001.pdf
Y171 includes all fixes from prior versions...
Aha, I am on 167.4.2

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Can you get updates for free if the car is out of the 3yr/36mile warranty or is there a labor charge?

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get updates for free if the car is out of the 3yr/36mile warranty or is there a labor charge?
Probably not. They'll at least charge diag fees. They might do it if you bring it in for a oil change and mention it.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you can do is ask...the labor is minimal, it takes a while to complete, but the actual labor should be 20 minutes, max (download the software to a USB, put USB in the truck, walk away, come back in an hour when it has finished).
That said, I think it is crap that GM released vehicles w/ software issues and doesn't provide free updates (you get them free over the air, sometimes)....I would ask the service manager.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Probably not. They'll at least charge diag fees. They might do it if you bring it in for a oil change and mention it.
I'll give a try on my next visit. I did ask on my last oil change but they said the techs that do such services don't work on Saturdays. Bummer
All you can do is ask...the labor is minimal, it takes a while to complete, but the actual labor should be 20 minutes, max (download the software to a USB, put USB in the truck, walk away, come back in an hour when it has finished).
That said, I think it is crap that GM released vehicles w/ software issues and doesn't provide free updates (you get them free over the air, sometimes)....I would ask the service manager.
That's what irks me. These updates should be released free of charge OTA but it seems they are less common as before. Especially knowing there is a fix for this AC and intermittent radio cutout. I'll see what they say on my next visit.

Thank you both

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesley e