*sold* 96 2 door tahoe z71 sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the time has come I don't daily it anymore and don't have a indoor place to store it.

325k on it.. runs good, I usually have access to free fluids, so oil and tranny fluid as been changed often. I've had it for a good 20 years at this point and over 100k of that is mine. I went thru the suspension when I first got it, but I could use a 2nd refresh. the steering is a bit sloppy. probably ball joints and or tie rods. I used the local autozone stuff back then.

it's been repainted a few years ago. was never really happy with the repaint. it looks OK, but it's single stage and already could use a polish. the normal stuff like the abs light has been on since I got it. all these old modules fail. most of the time you can reflow the solder on the board and it fixes it. tons of youtube on it, or just bypass it if you're going to run bigger tires. I've just never got around to fixing it haha.

but overall if you want to daily it or a project for off road. all the 4wd works. ac has a new upgraded sanden compressor, swapped in diesel large case alternator, that charges great and electric cooling fans. Just a reliable old truck that's never let me down. zero rust, it's never seen the snow. Florida, Nola then tx truck.

I'm going to put it on market place soon for 7k but will take 5k here in the hopes someone keeps the old girl for a while.

PXL_20240411_010122966.jpg
PXL_20240411_010104479.jpg

PXL_20240420_005449047.jpg

PXL_20240420_005517660.jpg

oh yeah. location tx. san Antonio

Attachments

• PXL_20240420_005454723.jpg
    PXL_20240420_005454723.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Dlshort21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so the time has come I don't daily it anymore and don't have a indoor place to store it.

325k on it.. runs good, I usually have access to free fluids, so oil and tranny fluid as been changed often. I've had it for a good 20 years at this point and over 100k of that is mine. I went thru the suspension when I first got it, but I could use a 2nd refresh. the steering is a bit sloppy. probably ball joints and or tie rods. I used the local autozone stuff back then.

it's been repainted a few years ago. was never really happy with the repaint. it looks OK, but it's single stage and already could use a polish. the normal stuff like the abs light has been on since I got it. all these old modules fail. most of the time you can reflow the solder on the board and it fixes it. tons of youtube on it, or just bypass it if you're going to run bigger tires. I've just never got around to fixing it haha.

but overall if you want to daily it or a project for off road. all the 4wd works. ac has a new upgraded sanden compressor, swapped in diesel large case alternator, that charges great and electric cooling fans. Just a reliable old truck that's never let me down. zero rust, it's never seen the snow. Florida, Nola then tx truck.

I'm going to put it on market place soon for 7k but will take 5k here in the hopes someone keeps the old girl for a while.

View attachment 426617
View attachment 426619

View attachment 426618

View attachment 426615

oh yeah. location tx. san Antonio
Hello sir I’m interested and located in San Antonio as well. Can you message me please

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93