Strange stuff with hydro-boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, here's a 5 month update on the Powerstop Z-23 brakes on the front end of the Sled: Braking is much improved over the stock pads/rotors, I do not get any pad dust on the wheels, the rotors are still smooth without any grooves; there is usually some light surface rust on the rotors (I do live in S. Florida after all and they are not stainless steel) after standing for a time but it disappears with the first hop on the pedal. All in all I feel this was a very good value from Summit Racing.
Good to know. I finally got around to doing the GMT900 front brake upgrade. I live in Oregon and my rotors also get surface rust after sitting for awhile but like yours, it goes away as soon as the brakes are used again. It was definitely a good mod, especially for the money. I'm still on the fence about the hydroboost mod.

Last edited:

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thought on the hydroboost: an advantage is that the connection between engine vacuum and braking system is gone. Any mod that simplifies the running of an engine (by eliminating the vacuum booster) and troubleshooting is a good one.