Surging idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pupp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2000 yukon denali starys right up but surges and stumbles until it warms. Occasionally it doesn't want to take throttle from a stop, doesn't die, but its as if the thottle and peddle arent connected for a few second and then is fine. I cleaned the EGR valve and it is marginally better. Only code it threw was a P0404. Not sure if the EGR is indeed bad or where to head next. Thanks for any help.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2000 yukon denali starys right up but surges and stumbles until it warms. Occasionally it doesn't want to take throttle from a stop, doesn't die, but its as if the thottle and peddle arent connected for a few second and then is fine. I cleaned the EGR valve and it is marginally better. Only code it threw was a P0404. Not sure if the EGR is indeed bad or where to head next. Thanks for any help.
try cleaning the throttle body and the attached IAC valve on the side of the throttle body

OP
OP
P

Pupp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just discoloration from exaust, no build up on the passages or in the valve. Was looking towards the IAC . My other trucks are so old they don't have an EGR so I really appreciate the advice.

OP
OP
P

Pupp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
try cleaning the throttle body and the attached IAC valve on the side of the throttle body
Its been about a year since I cleaned the throttle body but I rarely drive it, maybe 50 miles a week. I'll do them both. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KlausGB