Underneath the Rear Bowtie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of what's under the rear bowtie. I know there are 2 small holes and I think I remember seeing a small circular indention but i can't really recall. I am trying to decide what is the cheapest route:

1) have body shop fill holes and repaint
2) buy Yukon rear molding without holes and have painted...

I think that the rear Yukon molding is like $80 give or take. Therefor I am trying to get pics to show body shop of what it would entail to shave it. If it's $50 then it's better to shave vs pay $80 for new.

Any thoughts / pictures of what's underneath?????

Thanks for your help everyone!!!!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have the Yukon Applique painted to match. Don't waste your time trying to use the Tahoe one because it won't work.
Trust..... I know, I tried everywhere.

OP
OP
scottrick

scottrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you buy the yukon applique? how much and do you know the part # for it w/rear camera?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Got it from GM Parts Direct w/o the camera hole.....can remember part numbers or anything but go on there and search the part database and it will come up....its a PITA to install, took me a while!

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Tahoe one..shaved by my body guy..soo it will work, just need to find a competant shop. There are actually 3 holes...2 for mounting and 1 for alignment when put on at the factory, along with a machining/mold mark that is roughly the size of a half-dollar...I know that when mine was filled they used urethane to keep the materials the same.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4448/1881/23618440016_large.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix111