02 Tahoe Engine and Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickp

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have an 02 Tahoe LT 5.3L 2WD Flex Fuel. As I'm sure most here can relate I love my truck, so I want to keep it as long as I can. This means eventually I might need to replace or rebuild the engine and transmission.

So out of curiosity, what transmission and engine would you guys recommend putting in the truck if you had to replace it? or would you rebuild it.

A while back I came across a thread were someone said I could get an engine from GM for cheaper than than rebuilding a used one, especially if you do a full rebuild. Is that accurate?
Also, is it possible or worth replacing a 5.3L with a 6.0L?

FWIW, I don't need to do anything right now. I'm just trying to learn so come the day I do, I know what to get.

Thanks guys, much appreciated

R.

tony4143

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.0 is a great motor but you will need to get a 4l80e trans to hold that power. Or rebuild your.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rickp

rickp

Reaction score
6.0 is a great motor but you will need to get a 4l80e trans to hold that power. Or rebuild your.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, this is the kind of information I'm looking for.

Is that 4i80e or 4180e trans? Also is that the full name of it?

Again thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2006Duramax