04 2wd tahoe, lowering on a budget.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maswindell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am 75 with broken ankle still in cast/boot. I like Torre lower 3in f&r..Can I get by with just springs. Its very hard to get in without help. I use a leg lifter but my ass is still 4 in lower than seat height. This is all stock truck with only 70k miles. Thx

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you can use only springs up front but I’m not sure how that affects alignment. Out back springs would be used.

To be fair, I’ve never owned a GMT-800 so I’m going off of friend’s rigs that I think used keys. Let’s get @Doubeleive to confirm. He’ll know all that’s needed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll be honest, you are 1000x better off just getting a small older sedan like a honda/nissan that already sits low to the ground there are lots of them around
trying to butcher the suspension cheaply would make it unsafe to drive, it can be done properly but not very cheap per sey, at 75 and a broken foot you would have a hell of a time or have to pay a shop to do it.

Last edited:

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the previous post..it can be done. But, it will not be cheap. I do not know if you have running/step boards on your truck as it is 2wd. But you could look for a set of those and have them installed. The ones on my 06 are probably 4 inches lower than the floor boards. I can not measure at the moment as the daughter has it at college. But that would be a quick and easy install, and a fair bit cheaper than a lowering kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius

Latest posts