07 Yukon transmission shifting issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigchaseusmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon 4wd just recently the transmission is not shifting right. Every thing was fine parked it over night and when I got in to go to work in the morning. It wasn't shifting right. It seems like it's not shifting out of 1st gear. Under light acceleration if I let up on the gas it shifts. I had CEL but it was for an evap leak minor. So I disconnected the battery and left it for a couple of hours while I was working. Shifts better but still not like it should. Seems like it's not shifting into overdrive. It's served me all 250kish miles on it. I've had it since 60k. Fluid is full and definitely needs a fluid and filter change. Would it be worth changing the shift solenoids while I'm in the pan? Any help would be appreciated

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon 4wd just recently the transmission is not shifting right. Every thing was fine parked it over night and when I got in to go to work in the morning. It wasn't shifting right. It seems like it's not shifting out of 1st gear. Under light acceleration if I let up on the gas it shifts. I had CEL but it was for an evap leak minor. So I disconnected the battery and left it for a couple of hours while I was working. Shifts better but still not like it should. Seems like it's not shifting into overdrive. It's served me all 250kish miles on it. I've had it since 60k. Fluid is full and definitely needs a fluid and filter change. Would it be worth changing the shift solenoids while I'm in the pan? Any help would be appreciated
big maybe.....
one thing that can affect shifting is the MAF, clogged cat's
if you have no suspects there then it's probably wise to drop the pan and inspect for metal or other material.
if it looks clean, you might be able to get away with just solenoids and a flush. the solenoids can be tested while you have the pan off
@NickTransmissions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffirebird99

Latest posts