07 Yukon XL Denali - Wheel Hub issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redleg71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just found out my right wheel hub failed at 65K and took out my rotor and break caliper in the process. The left side failed at 45K.

Is this a known problem? I am outside of my warranty and the dealership says there is no support to be had from GMC. I am hoping there was some kind of recall because it would seem unusual that both hubs would fail with such relatively low mileage.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait till the dash cracks. That's when the real fun begins. LOL

Its not uncommon for the bearings to out. I had one go at 45K as well

Last edited:

Chev454ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi

It used to be there were manufacturers of hubs made in America. I only know of 1 survivor and he's in *******, MI. The rest are made in China...imagine that! And don't last. At one time you could count on 100k from a hub, today? It may sound corny, but they don't make em like they used to!

OP
OP
R

Redleg71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No Kidding. GMC refused to help us out despite the fact that we lost left hub at 45,000 miles and the right at 65,000. Total cost to repair was over $1200!!!

My wife loves the truck but it's kind of hard to promote the brand and it's "toughness" when a part like this is failing at that mileage and the trucks main duty has been getting grocerys and taking kids to soccer practice!!

HD4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Denali XL just had one replaced 51,000 miles. mine under extended warranty

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Redleg71,

Hello! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I might not be able to give you any technical advice, I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

jamesmic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its not extraordinary for the direction to out,I had one go at 45k...

jafount

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats the warning sign? my '07 Denali has a weird whine that I can't exactly tell where it's coming from?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi jafount,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you are looking to resolve this issue yourself and are looking for advice. I might not be able to provide you any technical support but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968