13 MPG?! In Los Angeles?? Really?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billyblue

Reaction score
This is on my government Hoe over about 1,000mi in Los Angeles roads/highway on Regular 87 Gas. My Hoe is a 4WD running on 2High

I'm starting to feel they might have disabled the cyl deactivation or something. That seems way too low. :emotions122:

Any ideas?

OE Specs
16 - Combined
14 - City
19 - Highway

Last edited:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 14.9 on city and around 18 highway. But u said combined city and highway That Seems pretty low to me.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta drive like a granny if you want decent mileage

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
im getting 12 mpg in mt sierra i have a heavy foot. n i have 24's and the 6.2. plus 1,000 its still breaking in

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
What do you expect? You're in Los Angeles. You spend more time sitting on the freeway than you do anywhere else. And, when you do manage to move, everybody drives hard and fast while 7 inches off each others bumpers at 70 mph. Both factors will bring down your mpg. Additionally, the EPA rates fuel economy as averages. If you look under the 14 for your estimated city mpg and 19 for highway fuel economy you will see in smaller print that there is a calculated fuel economy range. The average of those numbers is the 14 and 19, with combined averaging the 16. When the EPA calculates these numbers they do use decimals, but round the answers to the nearest whole number when telling the manufacturer what to place on the window sticker.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait doesn't driving 7 inches behind someone cut the wind and thus improve fuel economy? Lol that's what I do

OP
OP
B

billyblue

Reaction score
You realize its not a Prius right?

:supergay:

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

I get 14.9 on city and around 18 highway. But u said combined city and highway That Seems pretty low to me.

Thats the kind of answer I was looking for. I get the feeling perhaps my air filter or injectors/throttle body is dirty. This was originally used out in the desert and some of that fine dust could have clogged up some stuff.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is on my government Hoe over about 1,000mi in Los Angeles roads/highway on Regular 87 Gas. My Hoe is a 4WD running on 2High

I'm starting to feel they might have disabled the cyl deactivation or something. That seems way too low. :emotions122:

Any ideas?

OE Specs
16 - Combined
14 - City
19 - Highway

I'm getting about 20 mpg on highway with cruise control all the time, and about 15mpg on streets but i'm using the cruise control when I can. And I live in Los Angeles.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In city, I get 14.9 in my avalanche that has factory 20's/4x4 (i keep it in 2wd)/5.3L and a ****** 10.3mpg in the esky. I'd take 13 in a heart beat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate