13 Tahoe Rear Climate Control Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michaelp21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all!! I just bought a 13 Tahoe from a dealer. Just come to find out the rear climate control is not working. No air from the vents. Front works fine, both AC and heat. Trying to figure out where to start looking or take back to dealer to fix. Wanted to see if it was something easy, like a button I didn’t push or something since I’m still getting used to the vehicle.
Appreciate any help.

OP
OP
M

Michaelp21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have the aux button on your climate control pressed?

pretty sure I do. When I turn it off and mess with the controls in the back nothing happens. The rear seats are heated and those buttons work. Just not hearing anything engaging for air or even trying too.

B9A7416D-26EE-4C34-AB08-BAE0FE2C3AFD.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will probably have to pull the rear panels off and check the rear blower motor for function (apply 12v's to motor) if it works then could simply be the rear blower motor resistor.
you may want to invest in a tech2 (clones run about $300) that is the same tool the dealer uses to do diagnostic troubleshooting. youtube has several videos on how to access the rear hvac passenger side. It's not hard to do at all.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Just for kicks and grins try removing the negative battery cable for a good 20 minutes or so.

Same thing happened to me a while back. Was going to look into it one day when I found it working again. I’m guessing something happened when I removed the negative cable for other work at some point. I doubt it will work, but doesn’t hurt to try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24