1998 350 Chevy Tahoe - Vibration Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have modified our 1998 LT K1500 Tahoe by:
- Lifting it 6"
- Placing it on 20" Fuel wheels with 35"x12" K02 tires
- Replaced the diff with a 14 bolt and heaver axel with an ABS air locker
- Replaced the rear drive shaft
- Replaced the running boards with N-fab tubes
- Replaced the front and rear bumpers with Iron Cross bumper with a 12000 lb. winch
- Replaced the roof rack with a Rhino Rack platform and changed the side mirrors with towing mirrors
- Replaced the air intake with a cold air KN filter and box
- Added a 1" throttle body spacer
- Replaced the mechanical fan, clutch, and heat sink with electric fans
- Replaced the stock manifold, cats, and exhaust with long headers, new cats, and an 18" magna-flow muffler and exhaust
- Replaced head, parking, and tail lights with LEDs, added driving, and fog LED light, and other assorted superficial options

BUT I have a persistent vibration that increases and is worst at around 65 mph (is worse when towing). I have had the wheels and drive shaft balanced, and it has been suggested that the issue is a bent/warped torque converter.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so what did you do?

Thanks you in advance
bb.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bent torque converter? That's a new one on me. I'd be checking pinion angle and u-joint working angles first.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Tires contributing to the vibes. Show tread pics. Pinion angle is contributing, show pics. Replaced driveshaft with what? Condition of all mounts? Front cv axles mods?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
resmith3