2-3 shift clunks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe803

Reaction score
Hey yall,
I have a 2007 tahoe LT 4WD. stock.
I've noticed between second and third gear shifts there is a slight clunk. Not very loud but noticable. Only does it it under light acceleration, and I can also feel/hear it if I'm cruising down the road with my foot OFF the pedal and then I give it gas. Notice that going around turns when I let off the gas for a few seconds and then hit the gas. Any info would be great!

JoeD.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Step one Check your u joints. Just grab the drive shafts and see if there is exesive play there may even be a noise if they are real bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these service bulletins describe the issue?

SERVICE BULLETIN:09-04-21-003 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:10037544

MFG Bulletin Date: 01/01/2011

Component: POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY

Bulletin Summary: GM: WHEN STOPPING OR ACCELERATING THERE MAY BE A CLUNK NOISE AND ITS AS IF THE VEHICLE IS BUMPED FROM BEHIND. THIS CAN BE CAUSED BY A SLIP IN THE REAR PROPSHAFT. *RM

Date added to database: 05/25/2011

--------------------------------------------

SERVICE BULLETIN:09-04-17-002 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:10037552

MFG Bulletin Date: 01/01/2011

Component: POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY

Bulletin Summary: GM: THERE MAY BE A BUMP NOISE OR CLUNK FEEL WHEN STOPPING OR LAUNCHING. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY A SLIP IN THE TRANSMISSION. *RM

Date added to database: 05/25/2011

netsec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine does it occasionally... It has a new tranny so that isn't it..

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no auto expert by any means, but this seems to be a common problem with these transmissions. The same thing happens on my '11 Tahoe and '10 Avalanche. I got my Tahoe tuned by Black Bear and they got rid of some of the Torque Management. The tune cleaned up the shifts, amongst other things. I believe there are a bunch of threads/posts about the transmission problems in these trucks. It's annoying, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1