2 different subs, single channel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwinters14

Reaction score
This is more of a general question than a specific GMT900 question, but I'm looking to slightly update my sound system. Currently I have 7 speakers, non-bose. (2 tweeters, 2 x 6.5" coaxials, 2x 5.25" coaxials and 1 10" sub).

I bought a 5 channel amp to power everything but it came with a bad channel, so I opted to purchase a small 2 channel and run them 2 and 3.
Now I want a little more juice, and want to get rid of both of these amps. I also want to add a 6.5 sub up front under the dash. My question is whether running both subs in parallel down to 2 ohms on the same channel off of a mono amplifier will work? One's going to be in the back and one in the front.

Both have an RMS of about 300 watts. I don't think It'll be problematic, especially since they're on opposite sides of the vehicle, but I wonder if anyone has had an experience doing this? I don't really want to buy 2 mono's to run them for 3 total amps or bridge my 4 channel/buy another 5 channel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhr10181