2001 denali xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgodoy05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
please someone help.
i have a 2001 denali xl and my tranny just went out, after doing some research it turns out its the sun shell input carrier.
im trying to replace the tranny but i need to know what tranny my denali comes with. i tried googling it but i have found 2 different tranny models. does anyone know which one comes in it?
thank you guys

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Should be the 4L65E, have it rebuilt with stronger internals, or find a built replacement depending on your budget. If you have it rebuilt, in addition to the normal replacement parts, get the "beast" sunshell, shift "fix" kit, corvette servo, eagle red pack clutches, and find a decent torque converter. I had mine rebuilt back in February, parts and labor on just the rebuild came to about a grand. I pulled and installed the trans myself.

* also have your planetary gears checked if you have it rebuilt, mine chewed up the rear one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1