2002 Tahoe Fuel Pump Module Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmperfection

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

My fuel pump took a dump last weekend and dropped the tank today. Second time fuel pump has gone out. The first was at approx 65k miles, this second time....at 208k miles. The last replacement was actually decent. Anyway, I picked up a Delco replacement, but I noticed the design is much different from the last Delco I purchased. The units are identical in size (height, diameter), but instead of having three springy pillars, it only has two, and there is no visible pump filter. Also, new connector has to be used, so that means I need to mess with original wiring harness.

My questions; is the Delco of today robust enough to expect another 100k miles? Has anyone had experience with design changes and was performance or longevity affected? Am I better off going to dealer for OEM?

I'll be ready to drop in the new one tomorrow morning, and I really don't want to have to drop the tank for another five years (at least).

Thanks.

OP
OP
D

dmperfection

Reaction score
I've purchased all my Tahoe parts from the same Delco distributor for the last five years and they've never done me wrong. There's always a first, though. I plan on calling them this morning to confirm correct part number, our at least have them cross reference to my old part number. However, they did ask for my VIN; I'm assuming to verify the pump application. We'll see how it goes later today.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could always Google the part number now and see if you can verify it now instead of waiting for Monday!

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced a fuel pump on a NBS silverado and had to change the connector so I had to cut and solder the new wires for the connector. Worked fine after.

OP
OP
D

dmperfection

Reaction score
Everything worked out fine; I got the Delco MU1615 which is what I'm supposed to have. The design is quite different, but my Delco distributor confirmed for me it was correct, and I went on the Delco website and also confirmed part number with my VIN. Spliced in new connector and I was golden. I believe that this second replacement has made me a pro at fuel pump replacement and will have to time myself next....if and when it goes again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts