2002 Yukon 4.8 slight hesitation 50-55mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

2002 yukon 4.8 V8 4wd 172,000 miles

Im having a slight hesitation problem when I hit 50 - 55 mph, light pressure on the gas pedal. I changed the plugs, wires and air filter. It improved the engine idle (previously idled slightly above 1000 rpm, now sits at 500 smooth as silk) but the hesitation issue still lingers.

Like I said, if I press on the gas lightly, it will hesitate and slightly "buck" ONLY between 50-55mph. But if I press moderately on the gas at that speed, there's no hesitation.

I have no other issues at any other speed range, it's JUST when I hit 50 until I move pass 55.

No codes popping up either. Had a suggestion from a friend that it may be the Throttle Position Sensor...any thoughts on that?

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Last edited:

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like what I just had and it was the torque converter failing. It felt like an engine miss but nothing else fixed it. If you go up a slight incline wity light throttle at 50-55 mph does it start to happen?

OP
OP
J

jimi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
SOLVED: Little late than never in replying to this thread, but the issue was low Transmission fluid. Topped it off and it resolved the issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts