2004 Yukon Denali Aftermarket deck Turning On/Off on its own. Alpine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TM_GMC718

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My aftermarket radio all of a sudden continues to turn on and off by itself on its own.

I turn the car off and take the key out and the radio will turn on by itself after a few mins and sometimes stay on for a while or sometimes it will shut off after a minute or two. I have made sure the car was off (key out the ignition) and all but it will pop on, on its own. I am having to jump my truck every morning. And I know it's the radio because I've watched it from sitting inside the car and just waiting and also randomly taking out the trash and notice the radio is on! And I turn it off ECERY time I get out of the car because I know it's been draining the battery and randomly turning on. I've had the deck in for quite some time, but has been doing this over the past few months.
Any idea what it could be?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With the radio on, turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition. The radio should stay on. But if you then open any door, the radio should turn off. Or, without opening the door, the radio and some other accessories -- like power windows -- should also work but turn off after about 10 minutes.

1729292041053.png

If it's wired properly to a RAP-supported (Retained Accessory Power) power source, and RAP is working properly, it shouldn't turn on after shutting off the truck and opening a door, which is how the OE radio is wired.

If it's wired to a power source that's always hot then that could be a problem. Do you know how it's wired, or to what circuit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89

Latest posts