2005 Tahoe Z-71 factory dvd player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

micsand21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a 2005 Tahoe with the factory Panasonic DVD player in the back. Is there a trick to get audio from the Bose speakers? I can only get audio from the headphones. I also have an aftermarket head unit too. Not sure if the factory head unit had controls for the DVD player?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory unit dash panel includes a source SRC button. Scanning through the source options with this button and selecting RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment System) will output the DVD audio to the speakers. Check to see if your aftermarket head unit has a similar source button.

awray

Reaction score
I used to have a 2004 Denali and there was an input option on the radio for the DVD. Try pushing the CD/AUX button once or twice if you do not have the navigation head unit. If you have the nav unit, try either the Band or the music note buttons.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Too slow. jem556 is right. Push the source buttons until you see RSE on the screen.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your steering wheel may also have an audio source button to try, if so equipped.

OP
OP
micsand21

micsand21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, I'll give it a try. There is an SRC button on the rear control where the rear a/c are. I haven't tried pushing that. I do have a Pioneer dvd/navagation indash unit. I will do some searching on the setting on the deck. Thank you all again. Others have told me that you can tune in to a certain FM station but i searched all stations and nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES