2007 GMC Yukon SLT Front End Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Watty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK,,, New guy to the forum here and apologize if posting in the wrong area. A few questions...

1) I have excessive tire wear on both front tires. The driver's side is badle worn on the inside. The passenger side worn more on the outside but seems to be the tracking wheel that the other "follows." The truck pulls badly on uneven pavement. Even after an alignment it rapidly regressed. I know I need new Upper Ball Joints. What other issues/parts in the front end should I look at.

2) I bought the truck used and it seems the suspension is still stock. Obviously time to replace... Considering the Rock Shocks Redi Lift Leveling kit. Thoughts and Alternatives.

3) Getting rid of the 20" rims (anyone interested?). Switching to an 18" rim for a more readily replacable tire. Anything that fits a 20" rim is either cost prohibitive or sucks up here in the snow. Thoughts on what might look good? I'm going with black rims on my blacked out Yukon.

I am replacing the upper ball joints and want to take care of any issue while I have it apart and on a lift.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well check all the stuff out in the front including.....

Wheel bearings for excessive play
Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Upper and Lower Control Arm Bushing
Outer Tie Rods
Check the Rack and Pinion itself as well

How many miles on the truck?

What type of 20's?

Where are you Located?

Post them in the Classifieds.

Maybe something like this?

kmcxd_spy_mba_ci3_l.jpg

OP
OP
W

Watty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Life is busy chasing kids around.

2007 GMC Yukon, 87k miles.

OE GMC 20 in rims.

I'm in Lysander, NY. NorthEast of Syracuse.