2007 Tahoe - Battery died - A/C-Heater acting up all the sudden

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZRated

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Battery died this morning and did about a half start and dumped. Got a new battery put in and now......

My A/C and Heater is acting crazy. It had reset to a default temp of 74 degrees so I lowered it back down to 63. For some reason it blows hot air out of the vents on driver's side front...but blows ice cold air out of the Pass side vents front.

It doesn't matter if A/C is on or off.... it doesn't matter is temp is up or down.... It still blows hot on driver...and cold on passenger.

I have checked all the fuses and no errors on dash. It was running fine yesterday.

Not used to all the mojo now days but I know if I had a problem with the good old dials I would look to make sure the valve didn't stick...

This Tahoe is starting to nickel and dime me out of nowhere... Seems every week something new and major goes down on it.

Any help would be great... I couldn't find an exact problem on the net for this but I am sure something controlled by a computer somewhere is suddenly PO'd at me for the half start battery...

jpbplb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used to have this problem on my 2005 Tahoe after battery disconnect. Not sure if it will work on 07+....
Here's what I did (and you can find similar solutions on the Internet). It doesn't happen too often, but it seems to work:

Set system to Auto
Put driver's side temp to 60°, passenger's side temp to 90°
Turn system off, wait about 30 seconds or so
Set system to Auto
Put driver's side temp to 90°, passenger's side temp to 60°
Turn system off, wait about 30 seconds or so
Set system to Auto, push and hold Auto button until double arrow appears, indicating both sides will adjust with he driver's side. Set temp to desired temp and see if both sides are at same temp. Problem should go away. You may have to repeat several times...at least it doesn't cost anything and you don't have to take anything apart.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO