2008 escalade, led logo puddle projectors, and problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Concept

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need some help on how to properly run some wire from one side of my escalade to the other, without it being visible.
Ordered some custom made led puddle projectors after a set I bought off eBay turned out to be pretty low quality, came out nice, problem is I want to be able to control the lights from one side of the vehicle, via a hidden switch, an in order to do that I need to run a wire from one side to the other.
Currently it looks like this
fur1x2r.jpg
ElM4s0S.jpg
That's quality comparison, the manufacturer has to resend new films that don't include that stupid outer rim because our doors are slightly slanted and it makes it look off.

EFfFhC2.jpg
That's the backside of the driver side switch I want to control everything
AiPEVe4.jpg
There's the switch all nestled away in the pocket

Anyways, routing a power wire from the front door to the rear door wasn't overly difficult, wasn't fun, but I can't figure out the best way to get it through the vehicle itself. I thought I could slide it under the centre console lip, around and under the cup holders, but that seems glued down. I would prefer not to have any wires showing at all, anybody have any ideas?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just go under the dash. Very easy to grab and pull a couple wires.

OP
OP
C

Concept

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you get it through the center console area?, there doesn't seem to be panels I can pull off, or its all hard plastic and blocked off

OP
OP
C

Concept

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I would love to upload pictures of the install and what I'm talking about but apparently the second I minimize this website to log on imgur to upload, it forgets I'm logged in and deletes everything I've typed.
So for round 3.

Finally got everything in, run, installed and tied up. Wasn't easy but the end product looks great, still waiting on units with no outer ring from the manufacturer but got a few buddies who want me to do up their caddys too.. And due to the response I'm getting from these lights I decided I should come back here and explain how I did it so others don't have to fight as much.

The center console area has a part plastic part carpet trim piece on it, it seems glued down, but isn't. On the passenger side you start but slowly applying pressure and pulling on the end section (closest to the seat) then work your way forward, once you get to the glove-box area there are two clips that to be removed you need to pull towards the seat, not the door.

On the driver side you must first remove the panel under the steering wheel (3 screws 3 clips) then you can remove the center panel piece, start at the back again and work your way forward, only this time the two clips at the top pull out towards the door like all the other ones, not towards the seat.

To get to the rear doors you have to remove the b-pillar trim, and supply a ground for the lights, there is a ground for the airbags that I accessed pretty easily, from there you pull your positive through the grommets, connect, and go.

End result looks sharp, definitely catches people's attention, so good luck to those of you out there putting them in, or thinking about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968