2008 Yukon Denali vey rough misfire out of nowhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew1987gn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi to all. New to this forum and looking for some guidance. I have a 2008 Yukon Denali. Running fine then within a minute while drivIng it went from a little rough to an extremely bad misfire. Really popping through the exhaust. I had to pull into a parking lot and shut her off. Barely made it into the parking lot! The check engine light did not come on which is throwing me off as to where to start troubleshooting. I would think the check engine light would have came on if it was a bad coil, clogged cat, maf but nothing. Any ideas? Should I put my scanner on it anyway? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your 2008 shouldn’t have AFM so it shouldn’t be a collapsed lifter.

I have had that happen exactly twice in our Yukon Denali’s. Both times, it was a broken valve spring. It takes about 45 minutes to pull your valve covers to see if you have a broken valve spring.

Just had to replace one on our 2013. Also had to do it on our 2007 when we had it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohammodmusa