2011 Tahoe lt 5.3 waterpump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been toping off coolant every 3 days for a week now. Couldnt pinpoint the exact location but it maybe the pump is on its way out. Im planning on getting it replaced some time this weekend, since it’s our only vehicle and need to drive it tomorrow for work. I plan on replacing the pump, thermostat and belts. Are there any special tools I need for this? How long should I expect this to take? Do I need to use sealant before i place the gaskets? How much coolant should I buy to refill once Job is completed? And are the torque specs 22lbs for the pump and 11 for the thermostat housing?? ( those are the Numbers that kept coming up on youtube). Thanks for any help!!!
Are you sure it’s the pump? In my experience the pumps last longer than the plastic parts in the system. Chances are your leak is either at the firewall where the plastic coolant tees are for the heater core, or one of the plastic end tanks on the radiator if it’s original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty

Latest posts