2012 Tahoe rear lower fender loose from upper body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryKing

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My Tahoe has both lower rear fender sections loose and coming away from upper fender. Push back in and stays 1 or 2 days...

What's a good repair for this???

Regards, Terry King
...In The Woods In Vermont
The one who dies with the most Parts LOSES! WHAT DO YOU NEED??

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried putting new clip and screws? You can also make sure the fender liner plastic clip and screws are in place.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My Tahoe has both lower rear fender sections loose and coming away from upper fender. Push back in and stays 1 or 2 days...

Regards, Terry King
you might have to add a clip or screw to the backside to keep it from coming loose, it's all plastic so not many options. look under there with a flashlight and then hit the hardware store if you don't already have something in a drawer somewhere.

OP
OP
TerryKing

TerryKing

Reaction score
I'll get pix. 2012 simple trim, was Govt. vehicle. There's a single piece of plastic from both wheelwells including rear bumper cover..
This was supposed to "click" into another black plastic part connected to the steel body. The tabs and etc. are worn/broken.. Some have used 3M adhesive. I may use small screws painted (white) body color.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the parts store and get the clips with screws for the inner fender. You may find that by securing that area the rest may stay in place. If the holes are wallowed out make new ones.

OP
OP
TerryKing

TerryKing

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, OK Photos here.. Anyone else dealt with this?? Existing push-in shapes and internal black plastic strip do not hold.
I understand the inner liner and have hardware for that..
Thanks!
TahoeTK-IMG_6124-06.JPG

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Regards, Terry King
Mine was bumped by another vehicle and popped out like that. There was a black angled bracket that had popped loose from the other panel. I used Tiger Seal and clamps to reattach that piece, then was able to pop the lower fender panel back into the slots on the now glued in place piece.

I cleaned the bracket and panel really well and sanded both pieces for better adhesion. It worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
58caddy