2012 Tahoe SSV 4wd Front Leveling/Rear Shock Replacement Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

60inaschoolzone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone have experience with the Rancho 2" Quick Lifts, 70075 Spacers, 9000xl rear shocks on any 07-13 models? I don't think me having an SSV is any different from the LS, I haven't seen any PPV/SSV changes to the suspension to suspect any fitment problems.

I recently purchased all three trying to level my SSV. It has a cattleguard on the front, so its weighed down around an inch, possibly more, from stock height. The spacers were purchased because it was noted that I had to purchase them to put on the rear to raise it by 0.75", I'm not sure if having a slightly lowered front from the guard will have any effect on it though. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20240716_213640.jpg
    20240716_213640.jpg
    628.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 9000xl.jpg
    9000xl.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 70075.jpeg
    70075.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 9
  • QuickLift2.png
    QuickLift2.png
    379.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Z71 looked similar to your picture before a level. (Have a push bumper and extra battery up front)
I have 2" lift spacers up front and no spacers in back.. and I feel I will add a 1" spacer in back..

You could do the front's first, then decide on the rear.

OP
OP
60inaschoolzone

60inaschoolzone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
(Have a push bumper and extra battery up front)
I have 2" lift spacers up front and no spacers in back.. and I feel I will add a 1" spacer in back..

You could do the front's first, then decide on the rear.
Hmm I might do all of it at once then, considering I also have an extra battery too.

Ill have all the parts in by Thursday and probably installed Friday or Saturday so lll post some pictures here.

What brand spacers do you have ?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just have some rough country spacers up front. Personal preference, I like a little rake.

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the 2" spacers in front raise the front higher than the rear ? How do you get those spacers in place ? Thanks

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say my truck is pretty level, unloaded. So I prefer a little rake.
But not as much as I had, which looked very similar to the OP's.

To put the spacers in..

put the front on jackstands
remove wheels
undo swaybar link(s)
undo the lower two shock bolts
remove clip-on nuts from bottom of shock
----
If 4WD, undo the upper balljoint so you can angle the axle out of the way
If 2WD, you MIGHT have to undo upper balljoint to get enough space to install
----
insert spacer (may need pry bar to pull suspension down a little bit) nut and bolt it
put everything else back.

It is probably easier than replacing a radiator.. about that much time/difficulty.

my truck is in background
IMG_0011.jpeg
Here in my 'al fresco' garage, unloaded, 3rd row removed.
IMG_0119.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
60inaschoolzone

60inaschoolzone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Everything is all good to go and installed, the spacers weren't needed so I'll be returning them. I ordered upper control arms, sway bar links, and tie rods as well. Kinda kicked myself in the ass with getting an alignment when I'll have to get another one anyway in a week. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• r.jpg
    r.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap