2013 chevy tahoe Z71 running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landonz

Reaction score
I have a 13’ Z71 Tahoe and the plastic on top of the running boards is cracked and getting wore out in multiple spots. Does anyone know if you can replace just the plastic piece? If so where do you find replacements at? Or do have to replace the entire running board?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 13’ Z71 Tahoe and the plastic on top of the running boards is cracked and getting wore out in multiple spots. Does anyone know if you can replace just the plastic piece? If so where do you find replacements at? Or do have to replace the entire running board?
I don't know about the top but on my denali there is a chrome trim piece that can be replaced, there are 2 pieces on each running board and each piece is around $100
I replaced 1 and I was lucky enough to figure out how to replace it without breaking the 2nd piece as they overlap in one spot.
you might try just getting a replacement from a junkyard in the past I have had yards sell them for about $50 each

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe a member here @The Grey Beast found a replacement cover before.
And I thought he mentioned that one side fits either side?

I found the Z71 steps to be slippery and converted to stock running boards.

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
This looks like it might be the correct part for the passenger side (it looks like the top of my 2007 Z71 RB) (first link and pic) and is available for special order.

The drivers side (second link and pic) states it is no longer available, but you may be able to find stock somewhere (any chevy dealer can search nationwide inventory).

Tasca Parts Pass Side Step Pad

1724942789741.png

Tasca Parts Drivers Side Step Pad

1724942932630.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks like the correct part for the passenger side (first link and pic) and is available for special order. The drivers side (second link and pic) states it is no longer available, but you may be able to find stock somewhere (any chevy dealer can search nationwide inventory).

Tasca Parts Pass Side Step Pad

View attachment 436468

Tasca Parts Drivers Side Step Pad

View attachment 436469
also a $100, lol and one side is going to look great, so of course you need both so now it's $200

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
That is the unfortunate thing of an OEM part if there are no aftermarket replacements. Maybe the OP can find an aftermarket replacement somewhere. I did look at FleaBay and they have the replacement tops for the standard fixed running board but not the Z71.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24