2013 Yukon 2500 XL: Torque Converter, BU60FHD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trionic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2013 Yukon 2500 XL
144k miles, 4.4k engine hours.

This place is awesome with such a high level of technical knowledge, thanks ahead of time for any responses.

Our 'new to us' Yukon has developed a rear main leak. I've been reading through various posts here, and it seems like the BU60FHD from Summit is an upgrade that people like.

The truck is bone stock and will probably stay that way, my wife likes driving it for errands occasionally and we use it for vacations etc., and I pull a 10,000 lb. equipment trailer with it occasionally if I have to move a machine or vehicle anywhere. We're up in MD and I drove down to FL to get one of these that's rust free, and I'm hoping to keep it forever.

I've read the Sonnax article (https://www.sonnax.com/tech_resourc...der-an-updated-converter-in-your-next-rebuild) on suspected failure causes with the stock TC.

Q1: Are there any other TC options that I should be considering other than the BU60FHD? I don't mind paying money for stuff that's better or will last longer.

Q2: What about fluid? I run Valvoline MaxLife in all of our other automatic vehicles.

Q3: What else should I consider doing? I've done zip kit valve body rebuilds on other transmissions, I assume that if I decide to do one later that I can do it without removing the trans(?). I do all my own work normally, but I think I'm going to pay a local shop to do this rear main seal job and TC swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxpilot

Latest posts