2014 Denali XL Power running boards dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2014 Denali XL.. It came equipped with power running boards. I do not like the look of it at all. I also have a 2008 denali xl, that has the fixed running boards and it looks so much better than the 2014 when they are side by side in my driveway.. Is it an easy swap out? I was thinking of just taking my power running boards off and selling them on ebay. I also rather have the fixed ones, because i feel they will provide more road debris protection, and possibly a bit of door protection in case someone swings their door open. Not to mention, that when the power running board come down it almost forces you to step on it, as it seems to be in your way more than the fixed one is.. Any thoughts? In case anyone is wondering why i went for the 14 model instead of the 15, it had something to do with a $15,000 discount from msrp :happy160:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it's an easy swap out

ArizonaD54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Love the running boards.

Color matched mine to the body color - except for the grips. looks much better

I actually had mine tucked in so "stepping to them" is not a requirement. BTW, you can also turn them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts