2015 Denali - Lurch forward feeling when coming to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericandrews

Reaction score
I had the PROPSHAFT U-JOINT RETAINER BOLTS LOSS OF INDEX recall preformed a few weeks back and ever since I notice a strange thud/clunk or lurch forward feeling when coming to a stop. It does not happen until I come to a complete stop and I don't think the wheels are moving but it feels like the car throws itself forward about 6 inches.

It's an unsettling feeling like the brakes just released and then grabbed but again I don't think the vehicle is actually moving.

Anyone else having this issue?

SPC187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same Issue here.. Super frustrating! 2015 Denali .. Took to dealer last week. Flashed Software on Tranny.. Improved the issue.. But still present.. Taking back to dealer this week..will let you know what they find

Groucho

Reaction score
I have felt that at times. I think it's the tranny getting confused.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U Joint spline not lubed properly after repair

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't logged in this site for while, but came back to see if others were experiencing what I have been. Exact same scenario as the original post. The vehicle was shaking above 70/mi and felt a clunk in the drivetrain. The loss of index repair didn't work completely so GM replaced my transmission. Anyway, the clunk is gone, it shakes but not as pronounced and we feel the vehicle lunge forward when coming to a stop, but not every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtymax6610