2016 Yukon SLT - Passenger side mirror weirdness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ses_yukon

Reaction score
My passenger side mirror doesn't want to move very well. I thought at first it was the motor going bad but it looks like the mirror part is off centered in the housing. This causes the mirror to drag on the inside edge of the housing. Not sure if it popped off and they glued it back on or what but it's frustrating.

Any tips to remove and reattach just the mirror portion without breaking it? New mirrors are like $8 gazillion and I'm hoping this might be an easy(ish) fix. Thanks!

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I have the previous model but I popped off the top portion of the housing and put the mirror down as far as I could to see the back. My bracket was cracked. Good luck

OP
OP
ses_yukon

ses_yukon

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I have the previous model but I popped off the top portion of the housing and put the mirror down as far as I could to see the back. My bracket was cracked. Good luck
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to see if I can get a closer look at it. The truck is new to me but used. I know it was in a minor sideswipe collision on that side of the vehicle. Maybe it broke my bracket too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Festerman