2017 Tahoe 6 speed - question about trans thermostat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 with the 5.3L paired with the 6 speed trans, 4x4 (if that matters)

Should the thermostat be replaced with something better than stock?

Should I install a trans cooler?

I'm in FL but do not tow currently, but it's hotter than hell this summer, and I started thinking about the trans issues these trucks have

Trying to make this truck go to 200k and beyond.

What's everyone's opinions, should I take some pre-emptive action and install a new thermostat or trans cooler?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 with the 5.3L paired with the 6 speed trans, 4x4 (if that matters)

I'm in FL but do not tow currently, but it's hotter than hell this summer, and I started thinking about the trans issues these trucks have

What's everyone's opinions, should I take some pre-emptive action and install a new thermostat or trans cooler?
just delete it is your best option especially in Fl, takes a few minutes to do, not difficult at all you can do it in 10 mnutes.
link below

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Flip the pill or install the Superior Tech delete kit as shown in the video above and put on the largest cooler you can fit onto the truck. Route lines through the internal trans cooler and the aftermarket cooler.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TSB calls for transmissions with RPO MYC and MYD. Might check your code list. The MYD is a 6l90.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya