2018 Yukon XL transmission and lifter problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schrimp5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2018 Yukon Xl used in October of 2022. In February 2024, I had to have a rebuilt transmission put in($4000) and now(Oct 2024), I am being told I need to have a remanufactured engine($10,000). It starting shaking and wouldn't pick up speed a week ago. I am trying to see if I have any other options than to put $10,000 more dollars into it since I paid $43,000 when I bought it 2 years ago, $4000 for the transmission earlier this year and now they are saying I need to spend $10,000 more. Does anyone have any ideas for other less expensive options that would work or do I need to just have the remanufactured engine put it?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a second opinion. Don’t tell your second opinion that your first diagnostic told you the engine needs to be replaced.

A valve spring broke on my 2015 a couple weeks ago. I only have 83k miles on my engine. It wouldn’t even idle without shutting off. It ran so badly that if a mechanic told me I needed a new engine, I may of believed it.

However, $12 later and a couple hours of my time, it’s running good as it was before the broken valve spring.

OP
OP
S

Schrimp5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get a second opinion. Don’t tell your second opinion that your first diagnostic told you the engine needs to be replaced.

A valve spring broke on my 2015 a couple weeks ago. I only have 83k miles on my engine. It wouldn’t even idle without shutting off. It ran so badly that if a mechanic told me I needed a new engine, I may of believed it.

However, $12 later and a couple hours of my time, it’s running good as it was before the broken valve spring.
Thank you. I'll do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99tahoe1999