2021 Escalade amp and speaker wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMWSTU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello folks, I will be installing a JL powered sub in my 21'Escalade but before i dive into things I'm hoping to find some information. My JL sub uses 4 wires to send signal to the hi-lo converter, a power wire, and an optional remote wire. I plan on tapping the front door speakers for signal, since they seem to put out the best sound. I din't want to mess with the factory sub because i've read some weird stuff about bass attenuation and other things, plus the factory sub only has 2 wires (i assume) i need 4.

1. I saw instructions on how to remove the rear panel and access the factory amp, but i cant find them. Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide on how to access the amp so i can tap the wires for signal?

2. Is there any other good location i can pick up the door speaker wires from? I'd rather not disassemble more than i have to.

3. is anyone aware of any wire schematics that will tell me what colored wire pairs i'm looking for? I do have a tone generator, but more info is still better.

4. Any other tips would be helpful. Thx!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, I will be installing a JL powered sub in my 21'Escalade but before i dive into things I'm hoping to find some information. My JL sub uses 4 wires to send signal to the hi-lo converter, a power wire, and an optional remote wire. I plan on tapping the front door speakers for signal, since they seem to put out the best sound. I din't want to mess with the factory sub because i've read some weird stuff about bass attenuation and other things, plus the factory sub only has 2 wires (i assume) i need 4.

1. I saw instructions on how to remove the rear panel and access the factory amp, but i cant find them. Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide on how to access the amp so i can tap the wires for signal?

2. Is there any other good location i can pick up the door speaker wires from? I'd rather not disassemble more than i have to.

3. is anyone aware of any wire schematics that will tell me what colored wire pairs i'm looking for? I do have a tone generator, but more info is still better.

4. Any other tips would be helpful. Thx!
The bose amp filters the sound A LOT, you will not get any base from the door speaker and a line converter is going to sound like garbage period.
you will want to use a audio control LC2 pro or one of there better (base restore) units and connect it to the sub output of the amp. this will not cause any "ohm"s" issue with the factory sub and is the best possible solution without dropping a LOT more money.
just trust me on this, or go ahead find out.
the lc2 pro line starts at around $100 or so if you shop around and it's 100% worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonS

Latest posts