2021 Yukon key not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbriggs05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am currently going through the Lemon Process on my 2021 GMC Yukon. Monday morning the driver side high beam randomly turned on during the night and will not shut off.

Today when trying to start the vehicle, the vehicle now does not recognize the key being used. An attempt to manual start placing the key in the left cup holder does not work. The back up key will be here in about an hour so hopefully the computer reads this or else it’s getting taken on a tow truck.

Any ideas on how to get this vehicle going? It’s scheduled to go to the dealer again on Thursday.

OP
OP
K

Kbriggs05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes only the driver side high beam. Luckily I have cameras that captured it occur. 1A5F080D-68D5-45F5-9918-3A1C0AB0B59D.jpeg

OP
OP
K

Kbriggs05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well we unplugged the battery for an hour and came back with the same key. It now started.

OP
OP
K

Kbriggs05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have had electrical issues including the service safety restraint, rear hatch randomly opening and now this. I love the car but this one always seems to have something wrong.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the battery - they just aren't the same quality these days and you can have a "bad battery" that is still good enough to start the car, but with a cell or two going bad. They can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins with various systems. More often than not if you have multiple electrical issues at once it's either battery or grounding at fault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road