2023 Tahoe won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanoa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2023 Tahoe z71 all of a sudden won’t start. Was fine yesterday. There is no power to it at all, no messages on dash etc. Manual button on lift gate won’t open the back. Neither remote will work so likely not a remote battery issue.
(Tried to jump start it and nothing either). 15,000 miles on it, no issues. It’s Sunday so no dealership to call

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moved this thread from General Discussion since it's a drivetrain issue.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove negative for 10 min, load test battery while disconnected, if tests fine, hook back up and see if she goes....

15burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd check the battery too.

What type of vehicle did you use to try jump starting it? I've seen too many times in the past 5-10 years people try jumping a bigger suv or truck with a car. Even with them revving the piss out of the car and leaving it connected for upwards of 30 minutes it still won't even come close to starting the bigger vehicle. Once they finally give up and try it with a like wise vehicle truck to truck the dead truck starts immediately.

OP
OP
K

Kanoa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried with an F250 pickup. Then my brother came over and tried one of those battery backups, hand held things. It worked Drove around and turned it off, started a few hours later and it cranked slow but started. Next day it was dead again, mesage said no key detected. Anyway, getting battery checked tmrw, wouldn’t think a car this new and low miles should have a dead battery already

15burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An older relative of mine had a 23 tahoe and the battery crapped the bed with only 3k miles on it. They rarely drove it though (just traded it in after owning for not even a year with 5k miles).

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried with an F250 pickup. Then my brother came over and tried one of those battery backups, hand held things. It worked Drove around and turned it off, started a few hours later and it cranked slow but started. Next day it was dead again, mesage said no key detected. Anyway, getting battery checked tmrw, wouldn’t think a car this new and low miles should have a dead battery already
There was an issue in the TSB’s regarding battery drain, I think was due to third seat control module not sleeping due to a connector not fully seated..might be worth a call to the dealer. Battery has a warranty, you may get a free one. There are such things as defective batteries too…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malachismith

Latest posts