20x8.5 wheels - 30mm or 18mm offset?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeffP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at 20x8.5 wheels for my 2005 Denali and I have a question regarding proper offset. After reading many different threads here, it appears that stock offset is 30mm. So, an 18mm offset would push the wheel 12mm further out than factory. I am currently at stock ride height, but future plans include the McGaughy's 2/3 kit. Would the 18mm offset cause any problems with the 2/3 drop? I'd like a slightly more aggressive look, but don't want to go overboard. Would you stick with the 30?

Thanks in advance for the input.

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talk with Tony at NORCAL SS. he has done plenty lowering kits and wheels, he will ask what you want in the way of tires

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if its going to help much but I am running a 20" wheel with an 18 offset, mine is lifted with 33s and my wheels are about flush with the top of the fender. I only rub slightly on the drivers side inner wheel well in reverse with the wheel cranked. With a very small amount of trimming they'd work perfectly fine for me. Since you are going to be running a smaller diameter tire you should be perfectly fine with no rubbing with that offset. If you want to move them out a little more you could always go with a wheel spacer but I think you'll be happy with the stance a positive 18 gives you.

OP
OP
J

JeffP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like best option might be the 30mm w/ 10mm or 15mm spacers...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut