25 Watt HID Fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnme305

Reaction score
Hey I'm wondering if anyone has ever installed 25 watt HID foglight kit on an 07+ Tahoe/Suburban. I know the 35-55watt hid's melt the housings. Want to know if the 25 watts would be safe.

Thanks

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
The 25 watt kit from HIDGuy is safe, it shouldn't melt anything. I had a kit in my truck for 9 months, running them every single time the engine was running, and I never had any issues. They're extremely bright, and to my knowledge, I would think that they're the best option as far as light output goes for fog lights.

gfunko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you post any pics of your foglights turned on? I am interested in seeing the difference.

VisionxOrb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just FYI ive been using a 35w kit from DDMTuning which bulbs are a little shorter than standard conversion bulbs for 2 years now with no discoloration on the stock lenses.

Dante@HIDGuy

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just FYI ive been using a 35w kit from DDMTuning which bulbs are a little shorter than standard conversion bulbs for 2 years now with no discoloration on the stock lenses.

The chamber that holds all the gas and salts should be in the same position of the halogen filament. Just watch the chrome and make sure its not flaking off. You are one of the very lucky few that have no problems.

As for kits, would highly recommend going with a 25 watt Hid kit to give you peace and mind that you wont have any issues with melting. Light output is excellent and greatly improves lighting directly out front your vehicle.

E1E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have also been running the 35w kit from DDMTuning for years now without issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968