2nd row captains chair broken armrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

villestrip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem with their armrest on the second row captains chairs. My armrest on one of the chairs just spins back and forth. It does not lock it the position that you should be able to rest your arm on it. There is a little metal tab that has broke. Does anyone have an easy fix????

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try tightening the armrest bolt? If you pop the plastic cover off on the outside of the armrest, there should be a bolt behind that. I can't remember the exact size, but using a socket wrench with the correct size socket should work.

Good Luck!!

OP
OP
V

villestrip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I know what bolt you're talking about. But there is a metal pin that only allows the armrest to rotate from an upright position like this ( l ) to a position like this ( - ). Hope that makes sense.

FMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the cover over the bolt just pop off or thread off? Don't want to break mine.

Bryansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only did a tab on my cover break, but the damn but is seized. It takes all my strength to move that dumb thing. :(

Polomintus

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can either buy a new armrest for the 2nd row of captain chairs (sitching is coming loose) or the round plastic cap that pops over rotation point of the arm? For a 2007 Yukon Denali (light Cashmere).

Cheers - Polo

DocNO101

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can buy the arm rest bolt cap on E-bay for around $6.00. I am also looking for 2 armrest to Replace and also advice how to remove the armrest. Mine have an "extended Phillips like screw driver bolt" sticking out. (2010 Yukon slt) help?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts