2wd stock ride height question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huntsman2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so I just picked this truck up, for those that aren't familiar with my recent introduction thread. The truck looks like it currently had a big a$$ wheel on it as they trimmed the fender liners. I don't know if they lifted it to clear the big wheels or not. I uncranked the torsion bars a bit, they were turned all the way in, but it still looks like this thing sits extremely high compared to every other stock tahoe I've seen, 4x4 or 2wd. None of the suspension in the front looks aftermarket aside from shocks, and I literally have zero knowledge on these trucks suspension, as I'm now trying to figure out what lowering kit to go with. Here's a pic of the truck on stock wheels, and with the 22's which have a 305/40/22. In the pic with the 22's I actually have the truck strapped to te trailer with ALOT of tension on the straps to actually try to bring the front end down for the picture lol. Leveling kit maybe? Any input?

IMG_8324_zps8854df04.jpg

IMG_8241_zps3a620ae2.jpg

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The picture with the stock wheels looks about right to me. Get a ground to center off fender measurement and we can go from there

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
aftermarket keys are black also like oem so cant look at that. From factory on a non autoride truck the front should be 1.5 to 1.75 lower than the rear. that being said that truck needs my 3/5-6 drop kit would look great and ride nice ;) hint hint

OP
OP
H

Huntsman2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I measured my front end today, and it's at 38.5 inches from center of fender to ground. Everywhere I'm searching, people are getting significantly less. This thing has gotta have some sort of lift.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
my 3/5-6 kit and you will be happy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts