33s with a leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigNuke6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK folks. I've been data snooping the thread for a while, and I just finished working on my Hoe. Thought I'd post the pics, talk about the project, etc...

For the techies that need nothing else:

2.5 inch Truxxx front, 1.5 inch Ready Lift Rear. 20x9 Moto Metal Skulls +18mm offset, 33x12.50x20 Kumho Road Venture MTs. Splash Guard Trimming in Front only. Minor trimming to whatever that thick plastic plate is at the bottom of the splash guard. Removed lower molding, but I think it could have stayed. Westin E Series Nerf Bars. Steelcraft Bull Bar. KC Hi Lites (the thinner ones). ROLA Safari Basket.

For everyone else: I did it myself at the autoskills shop on a military installation. So, I had a certified mechanic handy in case of emergency. I also used the lift. I don't know if I'd want to try this in the driveway like I did with previous vehicles. I had a buddy help with the leveling kit. It's essential to have an extra set of hands + a floor stand at a couple of points during the install. I rate the front as moderately difficult and the rear as relatively easy. Although, you need the floor stand on the rear, and I recommend removing the control links from the bottom instead of the top like the directions say. I did nerf bars and bull bar in the front yard. Not very difficult for those installs.

For the Trimming: I just used a carpet knife and tin snips to cut and shape the splash guard. I just half-mooned it from the corner of the bumper up to the inside angle. Do the driver's side first, and keep the half moon below the washer resevior. I went and bought a $5 cutting wheel for my drill. I used that on the plastic in front of the splash guard. I didn't try to keep it straight. I just followed the angles and smoothed it out as I went.

For those of you considering 33s: These tires on these rims spec out at 32.80x12.45.

I was worried about the trimming, but thought I'd go for it. If you're out there on the bubble about 33s and trimming, etc... Just do it. I think it's well worth the effort.

Tested for rubbing at all turn angles will hitting considerable sized bumps. Can't say about an alignment, yet. Directions and common sense say I'll need one, but I won't know until I take it in tomorrow.

Road noise is negligible. I was really surprised by these. Then again, I'm used to Thornbirds...

Attachments

• DSCF1180.jpg
    DSCF1180.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 486
  • DSCF1182.jpg
    DSCF1182.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 457
  • DSCF1186.jpg
    DSCF1186.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 501
  • DSCF1187.jpg
    DSCF1187.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 371

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great! but good luck keeping it clean lol
those NBS tahoes look sweet lifted

jguil14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How does it sit? I cant tell from the pictures, is the hoe level or still leaning forward with the 1.5 in the back

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. That is the only NNBS I have seen with a bull bar that looks good - black bull bar on a black truck. IMO powder coat the nerf bars black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100