4wd service light ---> causes check engine light /O2 sensor code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 2 door

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It has happened twice now.

4wd service light - P1875 came on out of the blue. This causes the truck to run horribly. Almost stalls going into 2nd and 3rd gear. I have to put in drive out of OD so it isn't so bad bogging down.

Service Engine light comes on couple of days later - P0161 O2 sensor heater circuit

Goes on for a couple of weeks (not my daily driver) then I hear a light click near the steering column and service 4wd light goes off. It runs like a champ, goes into 4wd with no problems. I wondered what the problem might have been.

5 days ago it pops on again and the entire above happens again and it has been a week.

I was going to start with replacing the 4wd switch, but noticed that there is a 4wd selector switch connector and 4wd actuator connector as well. Should I order all 3 and replace at the same time?

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What I temporarily pull the fuse for 4wd while I try to figure out - any collateral issues?

Thank you for the guidance.

OP
OP
99 2 door

99 2 door

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled the transfer case fuse. It took away these issues, but I still have to figure out the cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52