5.3l slight stumbling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamwieland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2013 Yukon XL 5.3l with 155k. Engine has had a slight stumbling recently that I only notice at idle. This week motor went in to reduced engine power mode and wouldn’t go over 15-20 mph. My basic scanner showed Throttle Position Sensor code. I just so happened to have a Trailblazer SS TB laying around and swapped that out. Did spark plugs as well since they were original. Now engine has a more noticeable stumble/miss that I notice at idle and while driving. No CEL, no codes. I don’t notice a lack of power, just feels like a constant miss throughout the rpm range. Not terrible, more annoying, but surprised it is not throwing a code.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would your scanner show individual cylinder misfires? Wonder what that would show, if any. Might help narrow down what's causing the feeling.

OP
OP
T

Teamwieland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did that before my 6 hr trip. I just tested fuel pressure and it is a tad low, about 53 PSI. My understanding is fuel pressure should be 55-60 PSI. Will look into that next

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate