6'' lift too high for 33s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone runnin' a 6'' lift on 33'' tires, send me a pic of your rig. I am leaning toward buying a 6'' RCD lift instead of the 4'' Rancho lift that I originally wanted because I've heard the Bilstein zinc shocks that the RCD kit comes with are much better than the 9000 series Rancho. The RCD kit is even $300 cheaper (thats labor included). My real dilema is in the fact that I can't visualize what that will look like on my 1995 2dr Yukon. I'm runnin' 33'' BFG ATs & I am not wanting to change to a 35''. Are the 33s gonna be dwarfed? this is what I got now; 3'' torsion key lift in front, rear is stock and front bumper/ inner front fender wells slightly shaved to prevent rub at full pin.downloadfile.jpg

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you don't crank the front up and possibly leave out the add a leaf it will look close to a 4" lift that you can crank to a 6 later if wanted.

you will have some space with 33's and a 6"

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ Justin is right. Do the 6" kit and uncrank till the CVs are flat, match the back in height then. TYhe front end will have great angles, clear the tires no problem and have room to grow. EWay better than cranking the keys all the way up.

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do it! I have a 6" RCD and 33's on mine but the wheels stick out so it looks like 35's

OP
OP
A

AZ Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanx 4 all the imput fellas. sounds like I'm gonna have some options with that rcd lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LACajun