96 Tahoe with DUALLY Calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

305Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I read in some old thread wich I cant seem to find, that I can swap out my FRont calipers with the ones off the 2500..
Would I be able to Use the ones off the 3500 DUALLY , as the PISOTN is much large in Diamter..

Im in the middle of my Front Big Brake kit as the Fab brackets should get here in the next week or 2..BUt I need to bleed my Front calipers NOW and CANT do to the bleeders being rusted so bad the are WELDED....

ANy Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

p.s

96 2 door tahoe 4x4.

p.s.s
I just did my rear disc conversion that why I need to bleed the brakes up front!

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
From what I read you can only do the 2500 swap on 2wd.

Go over to fullsizechevy and search. I know som guys have done the swap over there.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Heat up the caliper (oxyacetylene or even propane), then cool it with some water (supersoaker works best). The metal will expand and contract, and break free. If you still have something to grab hold of, you should be golden.

OP
OP

305Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THEY DONT FIT!!!!!lol

tried yesterday a little to big!!!

Installed the 2500 calipers
pad is a little bit bigger as so is piston ... Piston hangs out about 1/4" out of the caliper so I dont know how much braking diff is really there....

Over all BRakes GOOD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Turrentine