99 Off Road Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I’m looking for any advice and ideas on building an off road rig out of my 99 Escalade. I have about $5k to invest. Here is the list of mods I’m considering:

4 inch lift
New Rims & 33 inch tires
Cowl induction hood

I’ve only done a limited amount of searching, but there does not seem to be a lot of aftermarket item for the early model escalade. I guess not too many people soup-up a caddy to take if offroading. The 99 escalade looks just like the Yukon with some extra body flare so I imagine the underneath is just the same. Can I easily swap parts with a 2000 yukon or Yukon XL?

I’d like to put skid plates on it. I was hoping to find some from a wrecked Yukon at a junk yard. Does anyone know if they will bolt up?

I also want to change out the hood for a 2 inch cowl. Again, I assume I can buy an aftermarket Yukon hood for it.

Appreciate the help and advice. ---Thanks Joe

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a 91-99 section, you will get a better audience there. That said, I have a 2006 Denali, and it is AWD, meaning it does not have the two speed transfer case, so the off road guys usually pass on the Escalades and Denalis. They also have the 'Autoride' air shocks and such. I have seen people that have done it, so it can be done. Sorry I don't know more about it, I am not an 4x4 guy.

Your post has me thinking though, I wonder if I can put OEM skid plates on mine and if they are just bolt on? I don't go 4 wheelin', but I do slowly cross creeks and drive on gravel to go shooting back in the hills.

Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
db1000pc